This morning, I’ve been thinking about the little things in life that make a big difference to my wellbeing. They are small, easy things I do for myself that make me feel happy and relaxed.
Here’s my list of ten nice things:
1. A handmade Self Care Zine from Etsy.
2. Going to the Steam/Sauna/Spa (Health Lounge) at the local leisure centre on a cold winter’s day.
3. House plants!
4. Baking something delightful!
5. Reading ‘Craft for the Soul’ by Pip Lincolne (I strongly suspect it inspired this post).
6. Hanging out in a good book shop.
7. Finding three things everyday for which to be grateful.
8. Hot tea on a cold winter’s day!
9. Clean sheets.
10. Spending time with a friend who really ‘gets’ you.
What little things do you like to do to contribute to your own happiness and wellbeing?
Photo credit: Rafael Edwards via Foter.com / CC BY-NC
Toni Jackson is a compassionate, creative and experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist in Perth, Fremantle and Mundaring, Western Australia. She has worked over the past 20 years in the areas of women and adolescent mental health and wellbeing, counselling adults, adolescents, children and families from many different backgrounds. Toni uses counselling, psychotherapy, art therapy (such as drawing, painting, sand play, clay modelling and sewing), mindfulness and cognitive behaviour therapy to support her clients’ unique needs. Toni specialises in working with women who are experiencing anxiety, stress or depression; and young people struggling with anxiety, self esteem or self identity.
Toni’s qualifications include a BA Psychology, Grad Dip Women’s Studies and accreditation as a Psychotherapist (GT).